Friday, October 26, 2012

Whose hat is that?

Since childhood I've enjoyed wearing hats, and caps. not quite sure as to the reason why. Maybe because my dad and grandad wore them. Still when I played baseball and cricket they were a sign of the team to which I belonged.

As you can see in the photo Adam, my youngest grandson has caught the bug. In fact he likes to take mine and claim it for his own. I've had a number of my caps commandeered by him and 'hidden' at his house.

If I don't happen to have a cap/hat on when he comes he asks me where is your hat Grandad? Often he comes with his on and I have to swap mine for his. It is good fun and a part of our routine.

While he will grow out of cap snatching we are forming memories together which will make us smile down the years.

There are other memories I hope we are sharing. The pleasure of games together, the joy of attending church with our families, the stories read and games he plays on my computer. Most of all I pray that he and his brothers and sisters will know that their grandad and grandma love them, pray for them and seek to help them to know about the Lord Jesus Christ.

Proverbs 17:6: Children's children are a crown to the aged, and parents are  the pride of their children'. This expresses the delight of Mary's and my experiences as parents and grandparents.

Ray (rarely hatless) Hawkins

No comments:

Post a Comment