Sunday, May 12, 2019

I wasn't in the boat

I wasn’t in the boat
 

I wasn’t in the boat
On Galilee.
Nor did I see
He who slept peacefully
As they sailed tranquilly.
I felt not their fear
As the unexpected storm,
Wild, fierce, wind borne 
Threatened the disciples with death.

I heard not their tortured sighs
As they desperately cried,
“Wake up Master’ or we die!”
He stood up and calmly
Facing the storm’s ferocity
Commanded it to cease
 Its terror and be at peace!
Now, in awe, the disciples discover
Jesus of Nazareth is like no other.

 I did not feel the disciples’ emotion,
But can understand their devotion.
I’ve learnt, when Jesus seems asleep
As I struggle, stumble, suffer, weep,
With the danger I’ll falter, act in haste
Until I faithfully seek His face.
Then He ‘awakes’, draws near and acts,
Displays His grace, power, authority
To declare He is Jesus, Lord of glory

©Ray Hawkins  May 2019.)

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment